Ten Grand Strand Clubhouses that Offer Outdoor Patios, Incredible Views
With the spring season in full bloom, it’s the perfect time for some world-class golf in sunny Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. In fact, for many golfers, the weather is too nice to spend time indoors.
Since the first 18 holes you play are in the great outdoors, the 19th should be as well. Here’s our list of 10 Grand Strand area courses that feature clubhouses with excellent outdoor patio decks:
* Barefoot Golf Resort: All four Barefoot courses feature scenic views of the Intracoastal Waterway and Carolina bays, but the Fazio layout boasts a 35,000-square-foot clubhouse with a covered, wrap-around patio porch offering panoramic vistas of the Fazio Bridge and finishing hole.
* Caledonia Golf & Fish Club: Soak up the luxury of Lowcountry living by kicking back in a rocking chair and looking out over the natural beauty of the former rice plantation from the patio porch of the antebellum clubhouse. Guests can watch fellow golfers finish their rounds, as well as fishermen and birds of prey trying to catch dinner in the adjacent tidal creek.
* Dunes Golf & Beach Club: One of the few courses and clubhouses with direct ocean views has limited outdoor seating, but the vistas and fresh ocean air make it prime property. The spacious Waterloo Bar & Grill has plenty of indoor seats with large pane glass windows providing pretty views of the beach and marsh, but the 30 or so outdoor spots are worth the wait.
* Glen Dornoch Waterway Golf Links: The Scottish-styled clubhouse boasts one of the best patio decks on the Strand. Overlooking the Intracoastal Waterway and the surrounding wetlands and woodlands, patrons can watch fellow golfers battle the famed double green on the ninth and 18th holes.
* Grande Dunes Golf Resort: Located on the Intracoastal Waterway, the Grande Dunes boasts a state-of-the-art clubhouse with all the best amenities. That list includes an outdoor veranda with direct views of the 18th hole. In the distance are the coastal bluffs that overlook the Waterway and Grande Dunes Marina.
* Legends Golf Resort: The Legends’ Scottish castle clubhouse is legendary in its own right, but the main clubhouse is limited outdoor seating. However, nearby Ailsa Pub has one of the best-kept secrets in town – a spacious covered patio deck with comfortable seating, flat-screen TVs, a fire pit, pool table and a view overlooking the swimming pool.
* Surf Golf & Beach Club: This Cherry Grove Beach favorite recently renovated its clubhouse, but the scenic view from the patio deck remains unchanged. Enjoy a post-round round of drinks while you take in the natural beauty of the landscape and the nearby beach. On a quiet day you can hear the waves crashing.
* Thistle: This North Carolina course has earned acclaim for its authentic Scottish-style clubhouse, which is made of river rock and hardwood. But perhaps the best seat in the house is on the covered, outdoor patio deck. Relax in the shade and soak up the scenic charm of Sunset Beach.
* Tidewater Golf Club: This Cherry Grove Beach masterpiece has been called the “Pebble Beach of the East,” and you can get an eyeful of the reasons why from the massive clubhouse’s patio porch. The back deck overlooks the finishing hole, but distant views of tidal marshes and maritime forests.
* Wachesaw East Plantation: Located in scenic Murrells Inlet along the Waccamaw Neck river system, Wachesaw East’s Toasted Tee Pub has a cozy patio deck overlooking the 10th hole. Featuring pergolas and a water fountain, the porch provides a private setting for patrons to relax over drinks and cigars.
Just as there are more than 80 golf courses on the Grand Strand, there are many other facilities that feature outdoor patios with excellent atmosphere and views. Enjoy these 10 or discover your own during your next Myrtle Beach golf getaway.